New "AddDataTypes", V45.2
This is the datatypes.library V45.3-matching release.
Includes a set of sample descriptors with tools, including descriptors for
FantaVision (IFF FANT),
MovieSetter and so on.
Part of the "DataTypes Replacement Project", which includes a new
"AddDataTypes", a new "datatypes.library" and a new "MultiView"
Changes since V45.1:
- Fixed the bug that AddDataTypes requests locale.library with a minimum version
of V39. Now this is correctly set to V38, and AddDataTypes won't fire up the
"Lib not found"-requester if locale.library wasn't found (not a MUST-BE-THERE
- Added basic descriptors for all GID_#? types (e.g. system, text, document,
instrument, music, picture, animation and movie).
- Some internals prepared for "objecttools.library".
- Added WB tooltype support.
- Added "Prefs"-like WB icon.
- Added check for illegal characters in the descriptor to get rid of the saving
(e.g. when a descriptor's name contains ':', '/' etc.).
Changes since V41.6:
- Rewritten GUI.
The gui has been improved and updated.
- Major code cleanup.
- AddDataTypes now contains internal safety checks, and notifies the user
about problems (can't open library, can't load/save descriptor, corrupt
- Fully compatible to the CBM Versions V39, V40 etc.
- Fully compatible to datatypes.library V45 (which support the new features)
- Includes a editor for the datatypes descriptors.
- Supports Tool Nodes.
"Tool Nodes" are an unused datatypes feature.
Using tool nodes, you can add tools (which supports the special data format in
a special way)
to the datatype descriptors.
Applications like "GMultiView" are able to launch these special tools (e.g if
the tool list
includes a tool which is able to edit the datatype, you can use the
"NetScape"-like menu item
"Project/Open file in editor").
- AppWindow/AppIcon support for easy adding/removing descriptors from the
system's descriptor list.